B.smithi tank setup

Placeboani2

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
At the minute i have a kritter keeper for my smithi. I have peices of wood and leaves all acros the back of the enclosure and down one side with not much open space. I have seen in loads of other pictures of smithi tanks and they are just substrate, hide and a water bowl. Do smithis prefer more open spaces than build up areas with lots of places to hide?

Armstrong5

Arachnosquire
I dont think this species really cares about much as long as it has a hide and water thats why you usually dont see much put into their setups but i like to think the more effort you put in the more enjoyment they get so its just your prefrence.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
one of my smithi's likes to burrow thats why i leave it's space open he has a hide a water dish and his burrow with a few fake leaves in there but hey if he's gonna hide under ground why should i try to make the upstairs to his burrow more fancy

sarahsaz

Arachnopeon
same here my little smithi just has a hide no plants, it seems to like it enough, may add some as it grows

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
At the minute i have a kritter keeper for my smithi. I have peices of wood and leaves all acros the back of the enclosure and down one side with not much open space. I have seen in loads of other pictures of smithi tanks and they are just substrate, hide and a water bowl. Do smithis prefer more open spaces than build up areas with lots of places to hide?
Your setup sounds more natural, picture?