B smithi sling question...

Blaze

Arachnopeon
ok i have my B smithi sling in a plastic jug. i have a bottle cap as a water bowl, with some aquarium rocks so it doesnt drown, and i mist lightly every couple of days. the thing is...it's burrowed in a corner, and pretty much STAYS in that corner...24/7...doesnt move...its still alive but whats up with this? i can still see it cuz its a plastic jug.

OlBoyT

Arachnopeon
Prolly close to molt (premolt). Also seems to be a tarantulas main hobby to chill, just some chill more then others. I would believe it to be fine. Be sure to read up on molting if you not sure what to do (nothing basically). Be sure to keep its humidity up to its comfortable level.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
it might not be in premolt all of my smithi slings stay borrowed pretty much constantly i think they just like to borrow at that size they seem to stop doing it around 1 1/2 to 2 inches but ever T is different and you might have a perpetually borrowing smithi

rockrox1

Arachnosquire
Just leave the slings as it is. Got 2 smithi slings with two different personality, one burrows a lot and stays there for 4 months. it molted 3 times. two of it inside its burrow. the other smithi just lay in the open and hadn't even bother to dig... just put some roach in there and remove them next day if it hadn't eaten them.

Danahan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
There's nothing wrong! My B. smithi actually prefers to stay out in the open even though I've provided her with both a den and a burrow to use. Heck she even molts out in the open, which is the strangest thing ever. She'll sit in the same spot for days at a time, which is a good thing. Your T is perfectly fine as long as he or she isn't pacing, or dead curling.