B.Smithi sling just molted!! Woohoo!

ranglo211

Arachnopeon
It molted yesterday and everytime I look at it I get so excited lol. So, when do you think I should feed this little guy?? :) Here is a picture:

Attachments

ranglo211

Arachnopeon
Believe it or not it's only 1" and its already showing great colors! So cool..

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Awsome man! I remember 5 years ago when I bought my bro a b. smithi sling that size! They are a BLAST to raise, even thought after 5 years it's still only 4.5", she is a BEAUT!!!

rockrox1

Arachnosquire
nice one... I too noticed my smithi molted just the other daY. congrats. it was really satisfying when you see your t molting.

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
"So, when do you think I should feed this little guy??"

opinions vary about this ..
I usually wait 7 days after molt before offering food.

Stopdroproll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's pretty exciting to get molts from slow growing species. You can try feeding around 7 days.

Is that thing anchored? Wouldn't want it to accidently fall on him.

k2power

Arachnoknight
Some spiders eat within a couple days of a molt and some take two weeks or more. If it seems rather active try it but remove the cricket after a few hours if not eaten and try again another day.

ranglo211

Arachnopeon
Ok will do guys/girls! And yes, that piece of wood is snug tight against the walls. Thx!

Attachments

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wait a week to 10 days. Pay close attention to the fangs, as they are pretty much black when hardened. I knew when mine was ready, because it grabbed the cricket as soon as it hit the substrate :).

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Awesome! Mine just molted to about 3" or so a few days ago. The gold bands near the knees are starting to show. Pretty AWESOME Ts I think. Many need a powerful light to see any color, but these really are beautiful without the light.