B. Smithi Sling dying?

brew114

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm fairly new to the hobby and had a question about my b. smithi. I got the sling probably about a week ago. since the cricket was gone after I left it alone, it seemed to have eaten this passed Tuesday 1/3. Friday 1/6 I noticed it was slower than usual and thought maybe he would molt. Nope. he sat curled like this all day yesterday and this morning. I thought for sure he was dead! :( but his legs are still moving every once in a while. not twitching but like he's trying to move. I sprayed some water in there not on him of course thinking he could be dehydrated but no results so far. can anyone tell me what I should do or if anything can even be done? thanks! 20170108_093814.jpg

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
It's definitely in a death curl, but I honestly don't know how to help with this situation as it's abdomen looks plump, and everything looks fine as far as the T goes. So I'm mainly just posting to bump this thread, hopefully someone else can chime in. You've posted in the wrong section of the forum too so if no one responds, try starting a thread in "Tarantula Questions and Discussions".

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
id add a small water dish in front of it.. its winter and if you have your furnace going it can really dry out your cages, even if they look fine.

brew114

Arachnopeon
It's definitely in a death curl, but I honestly don't know how to help with this situation as it's abdomen looks plump, and everything looks fine as far as the T goes. So I'm mainly just posting to bump this thread, hopefully someone else can chime in. You've posted in the wrong section of the forum too so if no one responds, try starting a thread in "Tarantula Questions and Discussions".
thanks! I'll post it again there if I need to

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Adding to what venom said, set the dish down in the sub so the top is almost flush with the sub. Then carefully set the T's mouth in the water just in case it is dehydrated and too weak to move to the dish.