B. Smithi size

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joined
Feb 6, 2003
Messages
1,488
Ok. Got a few pics of Sprocket to show her size.

:)

One with a quarter.
 

Attachments

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Joined
Feb 3, 2003
Messages
315
HOLY SHNIKEYS!

That is a HUGE Red-Knee and for some reason (IMO) it doesn't even look like it's matured. That's a mighty fine collection you've got goin' there......I am green with envy (stole that from somebody on here....sue me)
 

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joined
Feb 6, 2003
Messages
1,488
Re: HOLY SHNIKEYS!

Originally posted by blackacidevil
That is a HUGE Red-Knee and for some reason (IMO) it doesn't even look like it's matured. That's a mighty fine collection you've got goin' there......I am green with envy (stole that from somebody on here....sue me)
I Know. I was Flabbergasted when I saw her. I have seen Pictures of them, Alot of pictures. But they just didn't Look that big in the pictures.
When I was shown This one. I Literaly Gasped. Just Literaly was Awe struck at how Lovely and bulky and gorgeous she was.
I had No idea at All they got that large.
And So So sweet! She's as calm as anything, though she can truck when starled but not a big kicker and not Easly startled.
I was just.
Truely Truely amazed by her.

I Might have her a boyfriend on the way. The owner of the shop I deal with has a friend with a male he might be willing to part with for breeding.
He's going to get me the price.
 

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Joined
Aug 20, 2002
Messages
907
I'm shocked that you could even find one for sale at that size in a pet shop. What a beautiful B smithi, thanks for sharing her with us.
 

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joined
Feb 6, 2003
Messages
1,488
Originally posted by jwb121377
I'm shocked that you could even find one for sale at that size in a pet shop. What a beautiful B smithi, thanks for sharing her with us.
The place I deal tries to find deals they can pass on to me. They are Super nice and try and find the best they can.
And tell me when something new comes in. :)
But this smithi. I was shocked to see her too. Just Really Wowed.
--

Grael

Thank you. The twins are So SO tremendously proud of their collection and have been wanting a smithi since they first saw a picture of one.
I'm just happy to have found one for them that is all a smithi can be.
Least she is in my opinion.
 

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joined
Aug 16, 2002
Messages
1,034
Re: Re: HOLY SHNIKEYS!

Originally posted by Nixy
I Might have her a boyfriend on the way. The owner of the shop I deal with has a friend with a male he might be willing to part with for breeding.
He's going to get me the price.
Nixy, if the female is not adult sized (around 6" legspan) you might want to wait to try breeding her. is her abdomen bald in spots where you can see if she is a "tannish" color, or is she a almost black color where she is bald? did you get any molt info with her when you bought her?
smithis are one of my favorites! (I have 12 of them)
:D
Ed
 

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joined
Feb 6, 2003
Messages
1,488
Re: Re: Re: HOLY SHNIKEYS!

Originally posted by atavuss
Nixy, if the female is not adult sized (around 6" legspan) you might want to wait to try breeding her. is her abdomen bald in spots where you can see if she is a "tannish" color, or is she a almost black color where she is bald? did you get any molt info with her when you bought her?
smithis are one of my favorites! (I have 12 of them)
:D
Ed
She does have a bald spot but its hard to see because it's as black as the rest of her abdomin. It's not very large but Is there.
It will be a while before I can actualy Get the male if the guy will part with her.
No molt information came with any of the new T's I got or any of the Other T's I've purchased.
 

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joined
Aug 16, 2002
Messages
1,034
Re: Re: Re: Re: HOLY SHNIKEYS!

Originally posted by Nixy
She does have a bald spot but its hard to see because it's as black as the rest of her abdomin. It's not very large but Is there.
It will be a while before I can actualy Get the male if the guy will part with her.
No molt information came with any of the new T's I got or any of the Other T's I've purchased.
Nixy, if the bald spot is dark or black that is a sign of her being in pre-molt. it may take a while before a large t will molt once you can see the darker coloration. also a good rule of thumb is to wait at least two months after a molt to try breeding females IMHO.
Ed
 

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Joined
Mar 3, 2003
Messages
606
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: HOLY SHNIKEYS!

Originally posted by atavuss
Nixy, if the bald spot is dark or black that is a sign of her being in pre-molt. it may take a while before a large t will molt once you can see the darker coloration. also a good rule of thumb is to wait at least two months after a molt to try breeding females IMHO.
Ed
hmm my geniulata has a bald spot and her abdomin is like has weird colorations on the skin theres like a circle around her spinnerets and a line from the middle half going down to her caraspace....and also a little greyish mark on the line is she due to shed?
 

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joined
Feb 6, 2003
Messages
1,488
It's not a shiny patch. Just less hairy then the rest of her abdomin. I'll try and get a good picture of it for you.

Thanks.
A Great deal. I want to do well by these darlings and make sure I give them the Very best in care and consideration during this proccess.
All the great information I am getting WILL be implimented.
 

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joined
Feb 6, 2003
Messages
1,488
Ok. I got a few pics.
She was NOT happy about the closeups but is taking it out on a cricket.
 

Attachments

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joined
Feb 6, 2003
Messages
1,488
The spot is under where the abdomin hairs get lighter in the back. The Long hairs are there. The flash kinda blanched out the orangy tones in the hairs.
But the baldish shinish spot is still overlayed with the longer hairs. But not the fuzzy black of the rest of her abdomin.

Here's a closer look.
It's Very difficult to see in the pictures but Is there.
 

Attachments

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Jan 29, 2003
Messages
289
Looks like there eating well.......;P good luck with that...
 

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Jul 20, 2002
Messages
221
Beautiful redknee! Looks almost like actual size for my tattoo (it's a huge redknee). I can't wait till Velvet gets that size! :D
 

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joined
Feb 6, 2003
Messages
1,488
Hamton they Do eat well and were obviously well kept where they came form. :)


--

veronyka you need to post a pic of your tat. :)
 

veronyka

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Joined
Jul 20, 2002
Messages
221
I posted it the day I got it, in this thread:
How's this for devotion?

It was the day I got it, and it was still wrapped in plastic. I can't photograph it right now, it's in the scabbing stages of healing so it's really ugly right now :D but maybe when it's fully healed I will take another picture :cool:
 

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joined
Feb 6, 2003
Messages
1,488
Oh yeah!
I love that tat.
It's lovely.
:)
 
Top