B smithi sexing

George92

Arachnopeon
I dont know if this is the right place to post this so admins feel free to put it elsewhere :)

As the description reads, just woke up to a big surprise ^^
I examinated the molt immediatly and im unsure if it is infact a female or if it's a male so ima go ahead and post this pic for your guys opinion :)

Attachments

SuleymanC

Arachnoknight
Yeah its male...unfortunately.....I hope you end up with female next time

George92

Arachnopeon
Aaw.. I had big hopes for him being a girl ^^ oh well, thanks for your help!

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Males are not a bad thing. They are great for trading for more Ts or selling. My GBB matured last night and already has his love life planned out. B.smithis are popular so there is likely a good trade/deal out there for him when he matures.

I do like my females but I enjoy growing them all. The MM GBB was the third T I owned and he has been a lot of fun to raise.

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
You don't know how lucky you are! I've been hunting everywhere for a male for my female and have no luck...or when I do find one the weather here is utter crap :( When I wasn't looking for one, males were everywhere to be found :D

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Males are not a bad thing. They are great for trading for more Ts or selling. My GBB matured last night and already has his love life planned out. B.smithis are popular so there is likely a good trade/deal out there for him when he matures.
Plus you can see the growth cycle in less time, as males tend to mature more quickly than females. This is great for new keepers who are trying to get some experience under their belts.