B. Smithi sexing

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Does anybody have any ideas? He/she's only 2 1/4 inches so it may be alittle hard still. all help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

Lolita

Arachnoknight
i'm not really sure from that angle but it looks like it could be male if you could get a better pic with a straight angle i might be able to be of better help

Lolita

Arachnoknight
yeah kinda looks male can't tell 100% till they molt i've had 6 people tell me i had a male versi that turned into a mature female in her next molt

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You must've been excited, that's a big lifespan boost :D unless you wanted a male, then nevermindd lolz
I guess I'll just have to play the waiting game then :p and yea the molts are pretty small at this stage so I should probably wait for him/her to grow some more as well

Thank you very much!

Lolita

Arachnoknight
i ended up trading her off to breeders for some slings. i really want a A metallica if i'm getting an avic and if you have like a magnifying glass you can sex molts at that size

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
oh sweet and the only avics I've had were avic avics, but i'd want a poeci metallica for an arboreal species :)
cool, i think i can find one of those laying around somewhere :p

Lolita

Arachnoknight
lol pokies freak me out they look weird to me and after my friends p regalis jumped on me when he was messing with it i just about peed myself nope no pokies for lolita

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awe one bad experience shouldn't keep ya down ;P i think they have one of the coolest markings, other than OBT :D

Thanks guys, i'll hit this thread up again once i find out for sure :)

Lolita

Arachnoknight
lol i'm kinda scared of OW's to begin with since arachnid venom allergies run in the family i;ve never been bit but would never want to be either

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wouldn't blame ya, OW tend to be notorious for having a temper x: but from what i've heard and seen on youtube, they seem to do fine OUTSIDE of their enclosures. Although not an OW, My p cancerides goes nuts when you try to clean outside of its burrow but when it walks over the edge of the tank, it's smooth sailing from there on. Just gotta be the substrate, as jeff corwin says XD

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good choice :) i'll let ya know whether or not it's a male or female when i find out for sure :p nice meetin ya :D