B.smithi Problem -Leg in air?

chrispy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just received a new B.smithi female today about 4-5" It molted two weeks ago w/ previous owner.It molted right side up and took forever.I even got a call to save it because it took so long, but it made it on its own .Today the owner said they wanted to get rid of her, but only to me because of my experience which makes me think something might be wrong. Now that its home ,It doesnt walk on its leg tips, more on the side with bent legs.This might be due to the recent molt and handling to soon after the molt.She has been handled excessively. The main issue is her 2nd leg on the right side.She uses it,like for checking for openings in the lid and walking. but every minute or so It, the leg ,shoots straight in the air. She just sits there and then bam it goes completely vertical and stays that way for a while.Ive noticed some twitching too,like a male before he starts drumming during breeding. Any ideas ? With 300+ T's, this is a new one for me.Thanks for any help. Chris

golda

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
we seem to have the same problem but mines a cyriopagopus sp. Blue. its due to bad molt but will return to its original state after a molt or two. :)

chrispy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
did yours eat and hunt properly?and did it have the bent legs for 2 full molt spans.mine seems to have all 4 front legs, not palps,hovering in the air.It looks like she is typing on an imaginary typewriter.Her palps -one is normal the other is like a hockey stick, the last segment is bent on the ground.thanks chris