B. Smithi postmolt/feeding

osiris

Arachnopeon
just a quick question, does the bald spot of the b. smithi return to pink after molt or it just stays black?
my b. smithi molted 11 days ago, it was a successful molt though she still wudnt eat... what do u guys suggest i do?

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Yes it does go back to pink, though it will have a fresh coat of bristles so you wont be able to see it.

I suggest you try feeding again in a week or so. As long as it's hydrated, she will be ok until then.

osiris

Arachnopeon
whew... what a relief to hear that. im just worried coz she was premolt when i got her and that was on march 3, its close to a month now and she hadnt eaten yet. she's my first T.

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The bigger they get with each molt, the longer it takes them to harden and feel ready to eat again. How big is your B. smithi?
Oh, and for future reference, the genus is capitalized, and the species name is not. So instead of reading B. Smithi, it should read B. smithi. :)

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
just a quick question, does the bald spot of the b. smithi return to pink after molt or it just stays black?
my b. smithi molted 11 days ago, it was a successful molt though she still wudnt eat... what do u guys suggest i do?
My B. smithi starts eating 3-4 weeks after the molt. Just provide fresh water.

osiris

Arachnopeon
The bigger they get with each molt, the longer it takes them to harden and feel ready to eat again. How big is your B. smithi?
Oh, and for future reference, the genus is capitalized, and the species name is not. So instead of reading B. Smithi, it should read B. smithi. :)
my B. smithi is at at most 3" now. sure hope nothing's wrong with her. thanx for correcting!

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

thnx for the infos guys!!! appreciate it!