B.smithi pink bald patch on the abdomen?

George92

Arachnopeon
Hi folks! I Was wondering whether this bald pink patch is a sign of the early stages in a premolt or an injury?
Please help me with this, im concerned for The little bugger :(

basin79

ArachnoGod
It's just been kicking hairs. Now it has though you will be able to tell when it's going to molt (if it doesn't already block itself in it's hide) as the pink bald spot will turn black.

George92

Arachnopeon
It's just been kicking hairs. Now it has though you will be able to tell when it's going to molt (if it doesn't already block itself in it's hide) as the pink bald spot will turn black.
Alright.. but the guy i bought it from said it Was in premolt but i guess He just said that so i would buy it.. :/ nonetheless, can you just confirm it for me please, i'll upload a pic!

Attachments

basin79

ArachnoGod
Alright.. but the guy i bought it from said it Was in premolt but i guess He just said that so i would buy it.. :/ nonetheless, can you just confirm it for me please, i'll upload a pic!
That does look like it has started to darken so he's right. It will eventually go black.

It also looks like it's quite damp in the enclosure. They prefer it dry.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
is this like your third thread with the exact same question???? wanna stop?

George92

Arachnopeon
is this like your third thread with the exact same question???? wanna stop?
Nah, The mod deleted one and The other one got transfered from chat to questions. I told you i wouldnt do that again, and i keep my promises ;)

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Technically they are always in "pre molt" since they molt throughout their lives (unlike other inverts like Scorpions that do not molt once they reach their final instar).
Looks like it kicked a lot of its urticating setae but it does not appear to be anything of concern. When it does molt it will have a fully setae'd abdomen again.