B. smithi observation

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My two B. smithi's have been on the sides of their enclosures for two or three days now. I haven't changed anything in their tanks.

Has anybody noticed this behavior in your smithi's? Could it be the time of year or something like that?
Any thoughts?

Ernie

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
B. smithi observation

Whats up Ernie, having some problems huh? Are you new to the B. smithi, if you are you could be right about the weather and stuff like that. I'm new at this hole spider thing, but that is the only reason I can think of B. smithi acting like that. :confused:

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Maybe the humidity is too high or possibly a mite or other pest infestation?

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The substrate is bone dry. No pests.
I'm not worried at all. Just woundering if anyone else has noticed their smithi's hanging on the walls.

How about it Code Monkey, yours doing this? Mine are both juve. males..

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Mine have been doing it a bit more than usual, didn't really think about it much. I guess it might be related to changing day length.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Interesting you brought this up..

My juvenile, about 3.5 inches, usually stays in her cave all the time. However, the last few weeks, she's been stuck to the glass almost non stop.

Bill

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
we've had a spring thaw this week and all of my spiders and snakes have been acting really weird and active....

I even got to see my H. gigas a couple nights ago.

My A. moderatum has been walking around an unusual amount too... lots of action.

blackacidevil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sounds like they're staring beyond the glass longing to be in the warm spring sunrays.

Beth-Tex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Having had B.smithis for years....both here in Tx & in Calif.....I've found that they seem to love hanging out on the side of the enclosure. Sometimes mine will be in the same spot for a day or two, barely moving.:) Both the youngster & the grown B.smithi seem to exhibit that same behavior. By the same token, they can both sit in the same spot in the cage for a couple of days. :p

This past January, I had to go to Calif to help my mom & I bought an adult female smithi & brought it back with me. For two days she hung on the side of the container (KK) & did not move. I know that my car wasn't all THAT bumpy :8o (hehe) 'cause she managed to hang on just fine. She's a real sweetheart.:D

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
ernie..

i noticed my b. smithi hanging out on the side of its container all day yesterday also....
I thought it was odd also. It is always in its burrow.
Maybe they are all communicating with one another via ESP or something.:p

Kim

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Maybe they're all communicating by telepathy, planning a mass escape!!:D :D

VIVAS THE REVOLUTION!!!=D =D

Andy