B smithi not moving

daj287

Arachnopeon
Hi,
Just got a b smithi yesterday, 5 cm juv, moved her into her home and was quite slow moving. She went into her hide yesterday and hasn't moved for a good 24 hours, tried with the paint brush but her leg barely moved.
Not interested in food, humidity is around 60 and temperature is 72F. Any help?

Attachments

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Don't worry about humidity. From the photo the abdomen seems to be a decent size. Make sure it has access to fresh water, leave it alone and let it rest.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Hi,
Just got a b smithi yesterday, 5 cm juv, moved her into her home and was quite slow moving. She went into her hide yesterday and hasn't moved for a good 24 hours, tried with the paint brush but her leg barely moved.
Not interested in food, humidity is around 60 and temperature is 72F. Any help?
Forget humidity, this is an arid species. Keep the substrate dry and provide a nice full water dish. By the looks of it your T is stressed and needs some time to settle in, other then that it looks healthy and plump so no need to worry about feeding just yet.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
She's probably still settling in. Keep a water dish available and you're fine. You might want to lower the humidity though; the substrate seems too damp.

KaptinKrunch

Arachnopeon
Just got a b smithi yesterday
This is normal :) I don't even attempt to feed them until around 48 hours. I'd just let it chill out. Give it a couple of days and then retry with feeding. Avoid poking and prodding.

daj287

Arachnopeon
Okay I'll leave her be for a couple of days. I suspected she might just be a bit stressed but just wanted to double check. And yeah, I'll let the substrate dry out a bit and keep her water dish full

Thanks guys :)