B Smithi moult???

craigbhoy

Arachnopeon
Hopefully i am just looking for a bit of re-assurance here.

B.Smithi had stopped eating, tried again at end of last week and didnt touch food. Came home tonite and its sitting not looking too good, kind of lying on its front as if it has no power in its legs to stand, legs are slightly twitching.

It has moved since i came in, think it took a drink and now just lying there.

Does that sound like a moult??:confused:

Any help to put me out my misery would be gratefull.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
As long as she looks plump and healthy then she is in premolt now............ Smithi like to sit and not move in all sorts of positions for long long periods of time..... as long as there is access to water she should be just fine.

craigbhoy

Arachnopeon
Thanks mate, just needed a bit of re-assurance. Never seen a moult before.

Think i'll just go and leave it in peace till the morning, my big face staring at it cant be helping.:)

craigbhoy

Arachnopeon
Still sitting in the same position this morning but no movement.

Have to say it dosnt look very good to me.:(

Hopefully worrying about nothing.

Annie3Ponies

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The first premolt my BS sling did in my custody lasted 5 weeks. But the molt was fine, she came out with colors. The next time it was only 10 days. Relax.... (easy to say).

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
As long as its not in a " death curl " you should be fine. I too am guilty of worrying too much. Depending on the size of your T, premoult can take a very long time. Relax, and enjoy the process.

craigbhoy

Arachnopeon
Thanks everyone for the replies on this.

I searched the forum and found a pic of a t in a death curl and it was very similar to my B.Smithi.:(

After cleanin the viv i found the old skin so my t had previously had a moult, must have had a problem. Suppose it was just one of these things.:(

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm sorry to hear about your loss ! I was looking forward to a " moult went well " to close off this thread.

Any idea what went wrong ?

craigbhoy

Arachnopeon
Not got a clue what happened, i knew it was due a moult just didnt know it had had it.

I had t for about a year with no problems and it looked fine and healthy. I am still a novice when it comes to these things so its all still new to me.

Maybe just one of those things.

pinkzebra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am so sorry to hear that. That is very sad. I wonder what happened?