B.smithi moult

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My favorite B.smithi moulted at about 3 in the morning last night, since i'm fairly nocturnal, i was lucky enough to get some photos. Here they are:

Attachments

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
WOW! Awesome white fangs :) It always amazes me how huge they look after a moult. Nice pics too!

How big is s/he now?

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:) still toying with the idea of getting a smithi , but i presently , now have eight , where do you draw the line:? :rolleyes:

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by ithuriel
:) still toying with the idea of getting a smithi , but i presently , now have eight , where do you draw the line:? :rolleyes:
Line? What line? Where? I see no line :p

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by ithuriel
:) so that means there is no limit , my poor bank account:eek:
There is no hard coded line, but there is definitely the practical line that I keep in mind: if/when you're spending so much time on the grunt aspects (feeding, watering, cleaning) and not enough time just enjoying the Ts and the rest of your life, you've got too damn many spiders.

Unfortunately for you, my personal estimate is that even for the laziest slob that number is in the medium to high double digits ;P

For example, my estimated line that I must not cross is 60. Beyond that, I really don't see how I could be enjoying everyone relative to the care and expense they require. I'm not even sure how I'll feel about that number as more of my collection goes beyone the sling stage to "how 'bout buying me some bigger housing poor man?" Unfortunately for my lack of bank account, I still feel like a kid in a candy store. Growing up I don't think I could have gotten more than a dozen different species over all those years, now with so many available I feel compelled to 'try one of everything'. Maybe in a few years I'll be able to actually consolidate instead of expanding.