B. smithi molted!

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
YAY! My smithi molted last night in it's burrow, and I was really happy. Then I saw what it was munching on :evil:. I guess I can't sex from this molt. I will post pictures when it digs itself out. It looks gorgeous from what I can see, which isn't much.

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
YAY! My smithi molted last night in it's burrow, and I was really happy. Then I saw what it was munching on :evil:. I guess I can't sex from this molt. I will post pictures when it digs itself out. It looks gorgeous from what I can see, which isn't much.
Congrats on a successful molt, and you're right, the smithi is particularly beautiful after a molt. If yours is like mine, the exuvium will end up tarantula-confetti before you have a chance to recover it - I've been lucky, my smithi only did that once, when he was a sling - I've been able to save most of his subsequent molts.

Pics would be nice!

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pics will be up as soon as it comes out of its burrow. It is looking beautiful from what I can see.

jt39565

Arachnoknight
I have yet to get a molt that I could successfully sex from any of my T's, they are so weird about it.

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mine is a male. I was hoping for a female, but he is beautiful none the less. :)

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sounds like maybe I found someone to send my boy to when he matures?