B.smithi molt

Arachnokid 93

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My B smithi is molting and it has not been moving at all I am so scared this was my first tarantula and I think some thing is not right its been half an hour and nothing :( :( :( :( :( help.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ok deep breath........
lol
How big is it?
That will help me give to a time line.
Because with slings and smaller Ts they can take an hour to sometimes 3.
With bigger ones I have had a mature female flip over and not move one hair for a day and a half, then at about the 40 hour mark pop her top and start molting.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Don't be impatient, and for the love of whatever deity you might believe in DO NOT TOUCH THE TARANTULA. Do not touch it, spray it, poke it, open the enclosure, touch the enclosure. Leave it alone.

It can take hours, even for a tiny spider. A juvie or adult might take a day, possibly longer but don't quote me on that.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Don't be impatient, and for the love of whatever deity you might believe in DO NOT TOUCH THE TARANTULA. Do not touch it, spray it, poke it, open the enclosure, touch the enclosure. Leave it alone.

It can take hours, even for a tiny spider. A juvie or adult might take a day, possibly longer but don't quote me on that.
Ill quote you lol...... you are right though...... it can be a long time. Even one time a sling suprised me by taking 5 hours to fully get through the process.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My B smithi is molting and it has not been moving at all I am so scared this was my first tarantula and I think some thing is not right its been half an hour and nothing :( :( :( :( :( help.
Nothings wrong. I'll quote you too Mushroom Spore. Just relax and enjoy the show.

Arachnokid 93

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
HE DID IT !!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :clap: :clap: :clap: :) :) :) thanks for the help guys I always get a little worried when he molts :eek:

Arachnokid 93

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
not much if not nothing shes as big as she is going to get I think. I will post pics soon.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What do you mean? Is it a mature male now? Or you have an adult female. With an adult female your looking at a 6-6.5 leg span..... and a male just about the same sometimes a little leggier at close to 7". I was under the impression you had a smaller T.

Daniel_h

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
try and up some pics, wouldnt mind seeing what a fully grown female is like sizewise (if its a female)