B.Smithi in her new cage

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi all, i just moved my B.smithi into her new enclosure with alot more floor space, and less climbing room than her old enclosure (2.5 gal aquarium). Now she's in a "desert den" that measures approx. 10 inches by 20 inches by 6 inches (w,l,h). I also gave her a good hiding spot to reduce stress. Let me know if it looks okay or if i should change anything, thanks!

Mark

Attachments

r_cafin

Arachnopeon
nice job

let me congratulate you i tink your set up is awesome and looks like its fine...and you have a very nice B.smithi too..;)

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ok thanks everyone, i think i'll leave it how it is then! Hopefully she will be happy there for a long time.

Mark

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What is the white stuff in your soil substrate? A lot of soils have fertilizers in them and from my experience it is the soil with those white styrofoam chunks spread throughout and that can kill the spider.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Mark. Guessing that's verm/peat mix. You're allright.

Atrax

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That looks like vermiculite. It's an inert product used in potting soils to retain moisture. It's harmless to the spider.

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I mixed vermiculite and high quality potting soil for substrate. The vermiculite is sort of shiny and the flash of the camera probabaly made them look white. I read every word on the bag of potting soil o bought and fertilizer isnt mentioned once so i think im ok. thanks for the concern,

Mark

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
is it just me, or does that plastic greenery look like......weed?
Ed

BTW, nice setup and gorgeous t!

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey

How come you couldnt tell it was vermiculite? Everyone knows better to stay away from fertilizers in soil. NICE T BY THE WAY, cant wait for my b.smithi to grow a couple of inches !

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You don't roll the leaves... this is what you roll!!
(sorry, just had to show off, forgive me)

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is by far, the strangest looking tomato plant I have ever seen!

Botar