B. Smithi humidity levels?

Gregg1LE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just got a beautiful 2.5" b.smithi. She is hanging out at her waterbowl just about all the time. I looked at the caresheet for her species and mist her pet pal every few days and her bowl is always full. She is eating great. Should i be concerned?
Gregg

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
How dry is the room that the t is in? I don't really see a need to mist any of my smithi's. They just have water dishes that I keep full. If yours is hanging over the water dish, is it possible it's in premolt? Do you know when it last molted? I've seen mine in their water dishes at points too, but I don't think it really means anything with this species. I've never seen any adverse affects from this and don't think that it's anything that you have to worry about. Just keep the dish full and be on the lookout for a possible molt....

Scott

savian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine did that for months and then one day I looked and she was else were in the tank and she has never gone back to the water dish again. Well only to grab a cricket but thats it.:D ;) :)

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have 11 smithis of different sizes.....lings on up to sub-adults. I keep them all on bone dry substrate with a full water dish at all times (lings up to about 1.5" are kept in pill vials and "beanie baby" type enclosures with substrate that is kept visibly moist)
Ed