B. Smithi freakout

Crispy9168

Arachnopeon
I went to check on my 3/4" b smithi (who is in pre molt) and she freaked out and ran in circles and tried ro climb up the walls. I know she's not stressed. I have her in a quiet room and her enclosure has a clear lid so I can just look in at her. What could this mean? Also she fell when she tried to climb up (she's not a good climber). It wasn't a very far fall, not even 1/3 her legspan, but i'm a bit worried. Should I be?

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
probably don't need to be worried. i'm noticing my premolt gbb does the same thing.

Crispy9168

Arachnopeon
What about the fall? I mean it wasn't far and shes still coordinated and theres no hemolymph leaking, but I worry

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So leave it alone until it molts.

When they're in premolt, they tend to lose the ability to climb (well).

Nothing you can do anyway but wait.

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I noticed that most of my Ts tend to freak out when they go into premolt, a fall that's not even 1/3 of its legspan shouldn't matter.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Both of my sub-1" B. smithi slings are freak-jobs. They run around like crazy any time I pick up their deli cups. I think they need something to hide under, try that with yours too.

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
Small slings can fall several feet and be just fine. This i especially true for arboreal slings, but even terrestrial slings falling aren't near the severity of an adult falling.

alfredneuman

Arachnopeon
ping pong ball as a hide? u should wash d inside part of d ball, it has thin powdery substance in it which maybe can harm ur t

Blaze

Arachnopeon
dont worry brother, T's undergo a lot of stress, especially in Pre Molt, so the behavior is normal. i notice the same thing with my B smithi, and my Rosie. the fall shouldn't even be a problem...unless it was a fully sized smithi, then the abdomen is much more prone to rupturing. but as a sling, falls really don't do much, so just don't worry and let it molt.