B.smithi breeding: how old do b.smithi females need to be before pairing with mature male.??

Mark weller

Arachnopeon
Hi all, I'm wanting to pair my b.smithi couple I have, but was wondering weither the female needs to be fully mature to pair them.??.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Mark.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Hi all, I'm wanting to pair my b.smithi couple I have, but was wondering weither the female needs to be fully mature to pair them.??.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Mark.
I don't think age is a good reference point. It's near impossible to gauge this unless you've owned it from sling to maturity.

Size is a much better alternative. I havent bred them myself, but for B.smithi I'd say the females are mature around 5-6 inch range. They may even be mature at lesser sizes but it isn't recommended to breed smaller females.

Grimmdreadly

Arachnopeon
Mark.
That's generally how it works. If you've been checking the molts of your females, you'd be able to see the spermathicae (sp) and know when breeding was a possibility

Mark weller

Arachnopeon
I don't think age is a good reference point. It's near impossible to gauge this unless you've owned it from sling to maturity.

Size is a much better alternative. I havent bred them myself, but for B.smithi I'd say the females are mature around 5-6 inch range. They may even be mature at lesser sizes but it isn't recommended to breed smaller females.
Thanks buddy