B. smithi and or B. albopilosum

R.W.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
First off, I didn't see any B. smithi bites in the bite report section, so I was wondering if anyone here has been tagged by one.

But now to business.
In your experience, which one (B. smithi or B. albopilosum) do you think would have the better tempermant and as far as care goes, how similar would they be. Also, which do you think would be more expensive if I was trying to get a female?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well they are close to the same. Albos will be a bit calmer then Smithi as adults, true pet rocks. Smithi tend to flick hair and be a bit more skittish. Their care is the same, dry with a water dish. And a female Smithi is going to cost you more then a female curly by a mile.
The odds of getting bit by ether one is very very low. You would basically have to press them onto your skin to make them bite you.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Like Ryan said they are similar in every aspect except for attitude and cost. THe B.albopilosum are much calmer, whiile B.smithi will not hesitate to kick uriticating hairs at you. The B.smithi though is much more beautiful, but the "messy hair" of the B.albopilosum does make it quite a cute T. Either is a good choice. An adult female B.albopilosum is usually around $30-$60 and an adult female B.smithi can be around $100-$250. It all depends on who you buy it from.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
not to go against the experts but i thought albo was alittle more humid in care??? lol..i keep mine misted:? and the smithi dry...

i think its up to taste as far as the difference goes..either you like the afro look or something with some color. if its by price? then definitely the albo as seen above they can be pretty cheap for even a sexed female ...behavior like ryan and everyone has stated almost identical, with the edge going to the albo....

wayne

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
not to go against the experts but i thought albo was alittle more humid in care??? lol..i keep mine misted:? and the smithi dry...
I always kept mine dry, a little misted as slings, but once they became juvis it was dry with a waterdish from there. Either way would do I guess since we both have had success.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
not to go against the experts but i thought albo was alittle more humid in care??? lol..i keep mine misted and the smithi dry...
Hey if she is not climbing the walls trying to get off the ground then I would say you are ok. But I also keep mine bone dry with a water dish.