B ruhnaui anyone?

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
anyone have one of these awesome looking Ts?
If so, how long till it gets those great adult colors? Is the temperment typical Brachypelma? I am considering dropping some Christmas cash on one....

dilleo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm also looking for large specimens of the ruhnaui. Hard to come by, let me tell you. Spectacular though. Well worth the money.

-Jeremy

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
I have a little half incher. It should be molting any day now though. I'm not expecting any color at this point unfortunately. It'll probably be a little ugly duckling for a while if it's typical Brachypelma....

Scott

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
All I've got is a little 3/4" sling, had two but one died on me shortly after receiving it. So far its behavior reminds me more of a curly hair than a typical Brachypelma: a very, very eager feeder. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I too have a sling. It's pretty tiny. It's molting as often as my redknee did as a spiderling (so far every month). I figure it'll have adults colors @ 2-3".
Mike

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by Code Monkey
All I've got is a little 3/4" sling, had two but one died on me shortly after receiving it. So far its behavior reminds me more of a curly hair than a typical Brachypelma: a very, very eager feeder. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Ok, so what is the typical behavior of a curly hair? And how does that differ from other Brachys? I have noticed that lots of people on this board are fond of curlies. So i'm guessing this means they have an over abundance of tarantuality, because IMO, they are rather dull looking. (Of course, I've only seen large juvies up close. Everything else has been through a picture.

Thanks

Big Dragonfly

Midwest Art

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My favorite brachy!

Mexican Golden Red Rumps have been my favorite since I purchased my first one 4 years ago. Beautiful golden carapace with a nice red rump.

Here's a pic of my 4" beautiful female. Completely docile and not a flicker as you can tell by the nice plump abdomen. Very difficult to breed, no successful breeding that I know of in the past 4 years. I have a nice 3" male that I hope to breed to her in a couple of years if the timing is right.

N-Joy
Art

Last edited:

VI6SIX

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
We have 4 breeder females(no luck yet though:( and they are extremely docile and don,t realy kick much hair a pleasure to work with for sure.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
thanks for all the replies, and the pic Art!
I'm convinced, that's my next t!
Holley