B. lateralis

Snake_Eyes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My LPS just started selling these so I picked up 15 of them to try. Hopefully they'll be accepted more than my colony of B. dubia which 5 of my 7 arachnids won't even touch. :rolleyes:

I'll find out tommorrow, I'm gut loading them as we speak. :cool:

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Good luck with them, they are bit faster. My pokies have no problem catchin them.

Snake_Eyes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah these things are soooooo fast not to mention kinda creepy (reminds me to much of the pest kind) but my arachnids seem to like them so I'll continue to purchase them but I doubt I'll set up a colony.

arachnocat

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I just got a colony of these going too. My Ts have been eating them like crazy so I've had to slow down a bit till the little ones get bigger and they start multiplying. I'm really enjoying them though. Besides being feeders they are pretty cool pets. Getting them from the tub to the T cage can be kind of tricky because they are so fast and can leap really well. I've been putting them in a plastic box to transport them and that seems to work pretty well. Still had 2 escapes so far but my 2 kitties are always on bug patrol in our house so they were found fairly quickly.
Does anyone know how long it takes for them to reach maturity and start breeding? I'm guessing about a year but I wasn't sure. I know they grow quicker than some other species.

Herp13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmm, i also have kitties on bug patrol, 24/7. But they eat the bugs, so it's hard to tell if they've found something unless you are there with them:p

arachnocat

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I saw some cool roach traps that catch the roaches alive but I can't find the website now! If I do I'll post the link. They were kind of neat because they were made specifically for escaped pet roaches. I think they were from Japan.