B Lateralis

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
Hi, what is an alternative for paper egg tray for your feeders? i can't find any paper egg trays for sale in my place. what is the best alternative so that my lats can thrive without egg trays? thanks!

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I use toilet paper and paper towel tubes for my feeder roaches. Doesn't necessarily give you the same amount of surface area, but it still works pretty well. You could also collect pieces of flat bark and sterilize them before putting them in the enclosure.

Abhorsen

Arachnoknight
I use toilet paper and paper towel tubes for my feeder roaches. Doesn't necessarily give you the same amount of surface area, but it still works pretty well. You could also collect pieces of flat bark and sterilize them before putting them in the enclosure.
paper tubes is out of the question, how about cork board? or plywood? would it suffice?

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Cork board should be fine as long as you clean it off first. You'll want to make sure there are spaces between the sheets so the roaches can get in and hide. It'll give you more surface area if you do that too, which means more space for the next generations.