B.lateralis egg cases,damaged?

BrockiePelma

Arachnosquire
So heres the thing,i was doing some weekly maintenance a while ago on my egg hatching container,and i accidentally dropped it and some of the egg cases crashed on a very very wet water crystal container(although water crystals where present,liquified form of water is still visible,thats how wet it is).so i tried to put back those that were only partially wet,and salvaged those that were covered with very wet water crystals,i cleaned them up with tap water to remove those particles sticking on the egg cases(they were wet anyway,so i might as well clean them :D) i dried them up quickly and placed it on a separate small container with paper towel and placed near(not directly) a heat source(wifi router).

So the question is,for those with more experience with lateralis care,should i bother with those eggs?considering they got wet?(which is a no-no based on internet research),egg cases appears daily in my colony so it wont really affect the colony that mich if it loses those egg cases,but i still wanna save them if there is a chance,for the reason of life and experience :p.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
So heres the thing,i was doing some weekly maintenance a while ago on my egg hatching container,and i accidentally dropped it and some of the egg cases crashed on a very very wet water crystal container(although water crystals where present,liquified form of water is still visible,thats how wet it is).so i tried to put back those that were only partially wet,and salvaged those that were covered with very wet water crystals,i cleaned them up with tap water to remove those particles sticking on the egg cases(they were wet anyway,so i might as well clean them :D) i dried them up quickly and placed it on a separate small container with paper towel and placed near(not directly) a heat source(wifi router).

So the question is,for those with more experience with lateralis care,should i bother with those eggs?considering they got wet?(which is a no-no based on internet research),egg cases appears daily in my colony so it wont really affect the colony that mich if it loses those egg cases,but i still wanna save them if there is a chance,for the reason of life and experience :p.
Getting wet shouldn't harm them at all, you can completely submerge the ooths in water for a couple minutes if you want, should't harm them at all. What does kill them quickly is low humidity, S.lateralis ooths need relatively high humidity to hatch, so don't be keeping them too dry!

BrockiePelma

Arachnosquire
Awesome!!.i dont think ill have problems with low humidity since i have been placing water crystals in the container and i have holed vents(not screen) so ventilation is small.but thanks for the info!

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Awesome!!.i dont think ill have problems with low humidity since i have been placing water crystals in the container and i have holed vents(not screen) so ventilation is small.but thanks for the info!
No problem, happy to help! :)