B. Jacksoni?

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I will try to get more info on them in a bit. Will find out what country they are from etc.

Kaos

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Thanks Navaros. I had just found it:) A collection location would be excellent.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Yeah I took a look at your thread and agree that the original scorps I said were C.elegans are not C.elegans but look very similar to the Scorps Navarros has.

Babies can and often do have different color patterns than the adults...so that makes sense.

John
];')

Kaos

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I know John, these scorpions are going trough an incredible change in colors/patterns from babies to adults.

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok guys, they are from Tanzania and one of their common names is like, "Tanzanian Red Velvet." Hopefully this will help. I am still almost positive they are B. jacksoni though.

Kaos

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Then i think you can be sure that they are either Babycurus sp. or O. Dentatus. If you can post an updated picture when they get bigger i'll compare them to my B. Jacksoni, and post some closeup pics of the subaculear spine, so you can compare.

Navaros

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Will do. What is the average molt rate, and time from instar 2 to maturity for jacksoni? I have heard it is pretty fast. I am getting more of these things as soon as I can, they are really cool little scorpions.

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
how much do B. Jacksoni go for?
id like to get one or two for my 5 gallon tank...its set up pretty good for a climbing species i think. And they are very nice looking scorps.

Silver.x

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Where do you live Jodus, it depends on whether you live in Canada or the states.

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
sudbury ont...
i think my pet shop can get them...but i havent talked to the guy lately abuot it..and i never asked him for a price yet...just wondering what a ballpark range would be.

like he sells Emps and Asian Blacks for 30$, and as far as i know im getting the H. arizonensis for 25$....if their around that price i'll be plenty happy.

Silver.x

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow, $25.00 for the Arizonensis, I'd like to get in on that. I'm paying $35.00 for mine, for $25.00 I'd buy a second.

Raan_Jodus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
im sure gonna try. I'll really have to get pics of my enclosure soon. Their on my friends camera..which i have...but i dont have the software to download them.