b.jacksoni molting...?

james41777

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a b.jacksoni that's half an inch big.
I lifted up the rock it normall stays under, and few minutes ago I found it molting!
the front half of the body part is out... but is this normal?
I'm just worried cause i somewhere heard that they need to molt a vertical surface..

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
B jacksoni is one of the exceptions to the Barkscorpion molt on verticle surface rule. They seem to have no problems molting on the ground and will often prefer to do that despite having a climb nearby.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Most of the tiime they dig a small, shallow, cozy scrape and molt inside this. They do not need vertical climbs perse (but as a good father, you provide one anyone just in case I might want to molt upside down :) )

LoganVivisected

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hmm

i noticed mine dug himself a little scrap out last time i checked on him, i was going to say something about that on here because my bark scorp was burrowing! but i guess its normal and hes about to get bigger, lol

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Although B jacksoni are bark scorpions, they seem to be more terrestrial than other bark scorpions. Some care sheets list them as opportunistic burrows, but i've never seen one make anything more than a shallow scrape.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That's true Bayushi, they do not dig burrows liek Hadrurus or Opistopthalmus...