B jacksoni broods

elportoed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I checked on the plump female, and I found this:

I thought she was just a good eater. I had a male with her a few months back.

Now he's with this female, she's looking heavy too:

This is my first brood ever. I'm pretty excited.

How long do they stay on mom's back?

Last edited:

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
You can expect your babies to stay with mom for around 2-3 weeks. They'll molt to 2i at around 5-7 days, then hang out with the mother for a week or so later. Congrats on the brood.

John

SixShot666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Congratz on your brood!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Babycurus Jacksoni was the second successful species of scorpion I manage to breed. Those scorplings are quite hardy, just make sure you separate them for the first 2-3 instars. I usually don't keep them communal until at least the 4th instar.

elportoed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congratz on your brood!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Babycurus Jacksoni was the second successful species of scorpion I manage to breed. Those scorplings are quite hardy, just make sure you separate them for the first 2-3 instars. I usually don't keep them communal until at least the 4th instar.
I thought that they can be kept communally when they are adults, and only a male with multiple females.

I have a few of the 4th instars. But I keep them separately. How many of the 4th instars do you have together? What about your experience in keeping adults together, male to female ratio?

BAM1082

Arachnoknight
These should be separated until 4th instar ?!
I have 5 in a single tank... they all kinnda hang out together lol. There all 2i... one may be 3rd now.

Has anyone kept these together from 2i on up to adult? ... I dont have anymore room for additional tanks.

elportoed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
breaking news

The scorplings molted! But they still cling to mom's back. Can't wait for them to leave mom.

When do I start feeding them, and mom?

elportoed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
update

They started coming off the mom the day before yesterday. Last night they were all off. So I moved her to a new home, and left the scorplings together.

I'm not sure about the count, may be 15 altogether. They are feeding on B lats already.

I'm going to keep them together and see what happens.

Any suggestions, pointers from experienced keepers are welcome.

Gnat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my experience with this species. i had a brood (my first w/ this species) around 6-20-10. around 2 weeks later they left mom at 2i. i removed mom and kept the babies together. had around 22 or so. gave 5 2i to my girlfriend who has been keeping them together with no probs. the rest of mine are together and have most all molted out to 3i. there have been no issues with canibalism yet. the only reason im going to sepperate anyone is because they are in a medium KK and are getting crowded. i will put them in groups of about 5 and see how things go. i have chocolate and red from the same brood. hopefully everything will go well with my comunal experiment. ive been feeding them 1/4 to 1/2 inch crix so far. see this thread http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=188379

elportoed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Approx how long did it take for them to go from 2i to 3i. These guys have been eating everyday. I'd put B lat nymphs in, and they would be gone by the next day.

I lost one so far, I don't know why. I found it dead, but not eaten by its siblings.

elportoed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
update and question

They started molting into 3rd instar. About a third of them got stuck during molt, and just hanging on the bark half molted, and died. The substrate in the enclosure is half moist and half dry. The temp is in the high 80s during the day and high 60s at night. What am I doing wrong? :?