Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

B hamorri escape (on my birthday?!)

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Asgiliath, Jun 25, 2019.

1. EtienneN

EtienneN Arachnonovelist-musician-artist Arachnosupporter

Advertisement
    I know you’ve probably already done this but have you looked when it’s dark at night? Sometimes a light can really help. Also the T might move under the cover of darkness.

• Like Like x 1
  2. PrimalxTyrantula

PrimalxTyrantula Arachnosquire

I've never had a breakout so I don't kno where I would start but the YouTuber petko from dark den lost a pokie... Those things hate light.. He searched for about a week and he found it eventually but it was right behind the enclosure. The best thing u can do is search each room from top to bottom. Keep in mind that they might go for dark places but it's clearly on the move. Here's to hoping u find it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ShyDragoness

ShyDragoness Arachnobaron Active Member

Have you checked the whole enclosure? Sifted through the substrate ect? I've know people who have lost Ts when they'd just burrowed and sealed themselves in

• Like Like x 1
  4. Asgiliath

Asgiliath Arachnoknight Active Member

I have, yes. I’ll keep at it though.

I have, yeah. No luck :/

I’ve let the cats do their thing because at this point, I have no idea what room she might be in and I can’t just throw them outside lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2019
  5. SteveIDDQD

SteveIDDQD Arachnosquire

Still have my fingers crossed for you.

• Love Love x 1
  6. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

Have you tried serenading it with a bass guitar?

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. Asgiliath

NO! And I have TWO in this house!

(Yes, I’ve read the infamous thread :D)

8. Gnarled Gnome

Gnarled Gnome Arachnoknight Active Member

US
    I regret that I can only give you one funny emoji!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Cake Cake x 1
  9. Something to try, I use it to find tiny spiders outdoors. In the dark room hold the butt end of a flashlight against your forehead and shine the light in the direction of your vision. Six of the eight eyes reflect light and the eye shine is quite bright as the light reflects back to you. Anything that is tiny and very shiny should be checked out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Asgiliath

After reading the first two sentences I thought this was a joke! But thanks. I’ve scanned for eyes at night but not in that particular way.

11. ShyDragoness

ShyDragoness Arachnobaron Active Member

They call it... The unicorn!
    :artist:

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. SteveIDDQD

SteveIDDQD Arachnosquire

Still waiting for some happy news to this one (and still have fingers crossed)...

It's hard to believe a 5" stripy orange spider could completely vanish, but guess it's quite easy.

13. Asgiliath

Thank you! But unfortunately she’s still missing. My mind is kind of blown tbh

• Sad Sad x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.