B hamorri escape (on my birthday?!)

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
I was on my way out of the house to meet my mom for breakfast, when I saw that my b hamorri was missing!

The lid to her container doesn’t latch properly so I keep a couple of ceramic bowls on top for weight. I must have forgotten to replace the bowls after I changed her water yesterday. I feel absolutely awful.

I tore apart my whole closet and bedroom and looked in every dark tight space I could find and there’s just no sign of her. I’m taking a break now because I don’t know what else to do at the moment. UGH

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Where do you keep her? Also how clean or messy is the area she's in before she went missing? Also how big is the T.??

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
Where do you keep her? Also how clean or messy is the area she's in before she went missing? Also how big is the T.??
I keep my T’s on the shelves in my closet. She’s about 5 inches. I had some baskets of stuff and clothes around but I took everything out and looked though it carefully.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I really hoped you cleaned the room before mommy came to visit you?o_O Hope you find it!

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
Good luck finding them! Just keep vigilant about searching, try to seal off the room you think they're in, put out water and hides.
A heatmat might draw them over, but it'll also quickly dehydrate them too so it's risky

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
I really hoped you cleaned the room before mommy came to visit you?o_O Hope you find it!
LOL I did and thank you.

Yeah, I just think it’s weird that I haven’t found her at this point. I didn’t think she would go very far, let alone leave my bedroom.

I also have three cats that are currently locked out of the (sealed off bedroom). If they got her last night, I feel like I would have found remains at least.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
Well, take a good look under the bed, drawers etc. There's high chance your B. hamorii decided to hide behind some of those

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Shoes, anything that is like a little cave is where it would go. If you have electric heaters on the wall, pop the covers off because I had gerbils escape when I was a kid and that is where they went (the heaters were off, so it was like a long tube for them.)

You might also try turning all of the lights off for 20-30 minutes at night, and then coming in and turning them on to see if it came out to find water, etc.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Well, first off ...Happy Birthday.
Secondly,I just assumed a sling,5 inch DLS T should be fairly straight forward..
we're there any open furnace/ac vents that she may have gotten through?
if so,she may no longer be in your room,
which will compound the search.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
Still no luck :/ unfortunately, I don’t think she’s in my room. I might have to wait until it gets dark to look again.

Thanks for the advice and birthday wishes folks!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Ah, but don't worry: I lived for months (and I'm saying months) with a Scolopendra subspinipes on the loose in my home. Now a Scolopendra subspinipes is, technically, slightly more venomous (ih ih) than a 'brachy'. And slightly more defensive.

Well, your higness? No one harmed no one (cats included, and my cats can go whenever they want, when they want) and the 'pede, one day, reached the freedom that my garden given to him/her (?).

So don't worry - btw 'escapees/Papillon' stories are almost always overrated nonsense, especially if the escaped bugger can survive alone (like my Ninjutsu Shinobi 'pede did - escaped as a pedeling, I viewed him/her as a juvenile) :bored:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah, I just think it’s weird that I haven’t found her at this point. I didn’t think she would go very far, let alone leave my bedroom.

I also have three cats that are currently locked out of the (sealed off bedroom). If they got her last night, I feel like I would have found remains at least.
Someone last a similar sized T once. It made it to another floor. They do walk up ceilings etc

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
My B. smithi did a runner once and I found him about 36hrs later under a pair of cargo pants that I'd dumped under my bed after giving up looking for him on the first day.

Gnarled Gnome

Arachnoknight
Have you left out hides and water? What are you doing with the kitties? When my snake would get loose, which was often, the cat was always the one who found her. Of course with something as fragile as a T., youd have to keep an eye on them. Sending good hopes your way...