Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

B hamorri escape (on my birthday?!)

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Asgiliath, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Asgiliath

Asgiliath Arachnoknight Active Member

Advertisement
    I was on my way out of the house to meet my mom for breakfast, when I saw that my b hamorri was missing!

The lid to her container doesn’t latch properly so I keep a couple of ceramic bowls on top for weight. I must have forgotten to replace the bowls after I changed her water yesterday. I feel absolutely awful.

I tore apart my whole closet and bedroom and looked in every dark tight space I could find and there’s just no sign of her. I’m taking a break now because I don’t know what else to do at the moment. UGH

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Liquifin

Liquifin Arachnoangel Active Member

Where do you keep her? Also how clean or messy is the area she's in before she went missing? Also how big is the T.??

• Like Like x 1
  3. Asgiliath

I keep my T’s on the shelves in my closet. She’s about 5 inches. I had some baskets of stuff and clothes around but I took everything out and looked though it carefully.

4. Vanisher

Vanisher Arachnoprince Old Timer

I really hoped you cleaned the room before mommy came to visit you?o_O Hope you find it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. ShyDragoness

ShyDragoness Arachnobaron Active Member

Good luck finding them! Just keep vigilant about searching, try to seal off the room you think they're in, put out water and hides.
    A heatmat might draw them over, but it'll also quickly dehydrate them too so it's risky

• Like Like x 1
  6. Asgiliath

LOL I did and thank you.

Yeah, I just think it’s weird that I haven’t found her at this point. I didn’t think she would go very far, let alone leave my bedroom.

I also have three cats that are currently locked out of the (sealed off bedroom). If they got her last night, I feel like I would have found remains at least.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2019
  7. Hoxter

Hoxter Arachnoknight Active Member

Well, take a good look under the bed, drawers etc. There's high chance your B. hamorii decided to hide behind some of those

• Like Like x 1
  8. nicodimus22

nicodimus22 Arachnomancer Arachnosupporter

Shoes, anything that is like a little cave is where it would go. If you have electric heaters on the wall, pop the covers off because I had gerbils escape when I was a kid and that is where they went (the heaters were off, so it was like a long tube for them.)

You might also try turning all of the lights off for 20-30 minutes at night, and then coming in and turning them on to see if it came out to find water, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mack1855

mack1855 Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

Well, first off ...Happy Birthday.
    Secondly,I just assumed a sling,5 inch DLS T should be fairly straight forward..
    we're there any open furnace/ac vents that she may have gotten through?
    if so,she may no longer be in your room,
    which will compound the search.

10. ColletteTZ

ColletteTZ Arachnopeon

Happy Birthday! I really hope you find her keep us updated

• Like Like x 1
  11. Asgiliath

Still no luck :/ unfortunately, I don’t think she’s in my room. I might have to wait until it gets dark to look again.

Thanks for the advice and birthday wishes folks!

• Sad Sad x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Lollipop Lollipop x 1
  12. Gnarled Gnome

Gnarled Gnome Arachnoknight Active Member

US
    Happy birthday Asgiliath, and good luck finding the baby.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX ArachnoGod Active Member

Ah, but don't worry: I lived for months (and I'm saying months) with a Scolopendra subspinipes on the loose in my home. Now a Scolopendra subspinipes is, technically, slightly more venomous (ih ih) than a 'brachy'. And slightly more defensive.

Well, your higness? No one harmed no one (cats included, and my cats can go whenever they want, when they want) and the 'pede, one day, reached the freedom that my garden given to him/her (?).

So don't worry - btw 'escapees/Papillon' stories are almost always overrated nonsense, especially if the escaped bugger can survive alone (like my Ninjutsu Shinobi 'pede did - escaped as a pedeling, I viewed him/her as a juvenile) :yawn:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

Someone last a similar sized T once. It made it to another floor. They do walk up ceilings etc

15. SteveIDDQD

SteveIDDQD Arachnosquire

Happy birthday.
    Hope you find your T, and then buy an enclosure with a better lid. :p

• Like Like x 1
  16. Asgiliath

Update: still missing....can’t believe I “lost” a five inch spider smh

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Kitara

Kitara Arachnoknight Active Member

US
    Oh no. I saw you had posted so I was hoping that it was to say your baby was back home. :( I'm sorry they are still missing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

My B. smithi did a runner once and I found him about 36hrs later under a pair of cargo pants that I'd dumped under my bed after giving up looking for him on the first day.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Asgiliath

It’s been three days and I’m still searching to no avail :(

• Sad Sad x 1
  20. Gnarled Gnome

Gnarled Gnome Arachnoknight Active Member

US
    Have you left out hides and water? What are you doing with the kitties? When my snake would get loose, which was often, the cat was always the one who found her. Of course with something as fragile as a T., youd have to keep an eye on them. Sending good hopes your way...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.