B. Hamorii sling, dead?

Xemanms

Arachnopeon
Hey guys,
New to the hobby and recently obtained this for my friend. She sent me this picture of her B hamorii, she’s had it only two days. This doesn’t seem like a death curl to me is there a chance it’s in a molt or is it dead?

Attachments

Kitara

Arachnodemon
Mine looked exaaaactly like that right before it molted.

Xemanms

Arachnopeon
That’s what I was thinking! Thanks for the input will update when we know for sure!

cold blood

Staff member
If its alive...it needs to be re housed in a much smaller enclosure.

Xemanms

Arachnopeon
So I posted two days ago that we weren’t sure if my friends t. A B. Hamorii was molting or dead. The first picture was This evening. The second picture was two nights ago.My friend said the sling didn’t have the soft looking abdomen area when she got home about 2 hours ago but checked it again and had the spot. It’s also moved position some. It’s about a 1/2 in sling, just arrived Wednesday. It’s in a small deli container

Attachments

Thekla

Arachnoprince
If it hasn't moved from this position in two or three days, it doesn't look good IMO. :( The spot looks a bit like haemolymph, not sure how or why?
I'm pretty sure it's not moulting, not being in this position for days. Does it react to any stimuli at all? Did your friend try to very carefully touch their legs with a soft brush for example? See if it still moves?

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yes, that there appears to be a dead or dying little spider. They don't always go into a death curl before/after death, especially when extreme temperatures are to blame (not saying this is the case). They also don't always die right away, especially after cold temp exposure if that was the case.