B. Hamorii never hides or burrows

napoleon

Arachnopeon
i recently got my first tarantula, a ~1yr old b. hamorii male. i did a lot of research before getting a tarantula, and i read a lot about how they like to spend their time in dark places or burrow.
in the two or three months that i’ve had my b. hamorii, i have never seen him burrow or use the hide in his enclosure. he’s always out in the open or sitting on the wall.
is this anything i should be concerned about? could this be indicative of an issue with his environment? it doesn’t seem like an issue but it seems abnormal given what i’ve read. i’ve never kept tarantulas before, so anything helps. thank you!! :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You have not done enough research

If you had read here at AB you’d have seen that many peeps have the exact same question as you. And many meaning tons over decade or more.

i suggest you do more research.

napoleon

Arachnopeon
If you had read here at AB you’d have seen that many peeps have the exact same question as you. And many meaning tons over decade or more.

i suggest you do more research.
thanks for this input! i've been looking for a while and couldn’t find much i thought was applicable, but it’s good to know it’s already been answered! i’ll keep digging haha

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Using a hide or making a burrow is just an option for your tarantula to choose.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
It will be helpful to make sure everything is in order in your enclosure by positing a photo of it. But you can’t control it’s behavior it will ultimately do what it will do!