B Hamorii molt issues

MishMish

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone,

I am freaking out a little bit. I used to keep tarantulas back in the day but have recently discovered the hobby again.

I ordered a little juvenile Hamorii just over 4 weeks ago. She molted last night and when I came to check this morning I could see she was still on her back. This worried me so I opened up to check and tried to pull on the molt a little bit to which she jumped with it and it looks like a leg was left behind.

Is this going to make her bleed out? Is me disturbing her going to end up killing her? I feel so awful for checking and probably should have left her but it has been longer than 12 hours for small juvenile.

I have tried to check as best I can and she looks okay everywhere else. I can’t see any visible leaking coming from her.

Am I doing something wrong for this to happen? She has quite high humidity currently as I could see she was in premolt so made sure to over flow the water bowl.

Attachments

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Leave her alone, only time will tell. Losing a limb is usually no big deal, particularly if she’s not losing fluids.

Stormsinger

Arachnopeon
They have valves at the base of each leg specifically so they can jettison them if they need to. As long as she is not actively bleeding she should be fine, and the leg will grow back in her next molt.

MishMish

Arachnopeon
They have valves at the base of each leg specifically so they can jettison them if they need to. As long as she is not actively bleeding she should be fine, and the leg will grow back in her next molt.
I mean I can’t see any obvious liquid anywhere around her to validate bleeding out. I don’t know if the leg broke off at the base either. I really don’t want to bother her but should I check to make sure this isn’t the case? (im super worried and unsure on what to do to be honest) She is moving around in her enclosure as it sits in my office, she also looks to be cleaning herself. I think we might be ok!!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
High humidity is not needed nor recommended.

Legs grow back

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
She has quite high humidity currently as I could see she was in premolt so made sure to over flow the water bowl.
Humidity doesn't help tarantulas with moulting, that's outdated info that got carried over from reptiles.