B. emilia when to get sperm web?

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My male molted out last month. How long before I can expect him to start making sperm webs? So far he's not done much but hang out and eat crickets. I have his cage sitting between two female cages and all the cages have side vents so he should know that there area girls around.

The only webbing I see in his cage is the molting mat...still intact... what would I look for to see if a sperm web had been made or not?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Its usually very obvious when one is made. Ill snap some pics I think I have remains present to photograph.
But with brachys it's not uncommon for them to go 6+ weeks before producing the first sperm web.
Edit; so here are two pics one of a Vagans that just made a sperm web, and a Rosea. You can see thick white webbing in areas of both pictures that is where the sperm web was made.

Last edited:

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ryan your G. rosea male has a swimming pool? Spoiled little bugger ;P

Steph :D

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ya he has that for now, I ran out of cork hides and such so I gave him a large water dish and he has a small burrow like hid on the other end. He seems to like it. Hes getting old to so he gets what he wants.

WyvernsLair

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Its usually very obvious when one is made. Ill snap some pics I think I have remains present to photograph.
But with brachys it's not uncommon for them to go 6+ weeks before producing the first sperm web.

My luck he'll wait till I leave for Daytona next month to make one then hide all the evidence before I come back home. {D