B. Emilia or B. Boehmei, I need advice which to get.

Einlanzer

Arachnopeon
My mom brought me to one of her suppliers (my mother is a dog breeder and has contacts to different people in the pet industry), and in there I saw Emilias and Boehmeis and her supplier friend offered to give me one for free. (since she knows I'll be buying my pet needs from her for now on)

Question:
Which do I get? Emilia or Boehmei? What are the pros and cons of each?
(I did research and it's nearly the same for both, I need to know 1st hand experience of those that owns them)

(I'm new to the hobby, started only last January and so far, I have 3 albiceps and 2 albos but I just can't stop... I want more)

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
B. emilia, a beautiful pet rock.

B. boehmei, not so much of a rock, most active of the Brachys next to vagans. Absolutely stunning. I have owned a lot of Brachys and boehmei is my favourite. :)

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
B. emilia :) They are adorable and loved by pretty much anyone that has one.

FishermanSteve

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would go with emelia. They seem to be more relaxed than boehmei. Don't get me wrong I love my boehmeis but they are too highstrung and kick hairs too often.

Einlanzer

Arachnopeon
okay, thank you for all the tips/advices and I've read some threads in arachnoboards.
Am going for the Emilia then ^_^

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
My B. emilia is very active. I call it Dozer because it is always moving dirt around. Its most recent venture has been to pull up all the plants, flip its hide upside-down, and do the obligatory terrible things to its water dish. Mine is not so much of a rock.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
If you want docility, B. emilia. If you want attitude, B. boehmei.

You can't go wrong with either.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Actually I just got a B. emilia recently. This T was already happy in its new home on the first day - very docile - can't answer on activity for mine yet.

Einlanzer

Arachnopeon
Okay, I went back to the pet store and got my free Emilia <3

Thanks for sharing the pictures! They are all so lovely, am excited to see my kids grow and am looking forward to getting more in the not so far future.

If you want docility, B. emilia. If you want attitude, B. boehmei. You can't go wrong with either.
I might not be able to handle Boehmei's attitude so am sticking with Emilia hehehe

I represent the B. smithi's. Can I help you?:wacky:
As for smithi, maybe next time. Right now, I have my eyes on auratum next.

Jeff23

Arachnolord

Thanks for sharing the pictures! They are all so lovely, am excited to see my kids grow and am looking forward to getting more in the not so far future.

I might not be able to handle Boehmei's attitude so am sticking with Emilia hehehe

Congrats on your new T. I was just kidding around with the B. smithi comment. Quite often in this forum people compete B. emilia with B. smithi as the best docile choice of T. I have owned a B. smithi for a while and just obtained a B. emilia in the recent weeks. I think you will be happy with your choice.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

Congrats on the new tarantula out of the 2 the emilia is my favourite.
Ignore the nay saying @KezyGLA. He only voted for boehmei because he got sold coloured rocks and I voted for emilia because boehmei is one Brachypelma I don't own yet.
I do own a B auratum though and they are sort of inbetween emilia and boehmei as far as behavior in my experience mine is pretty active eats great but will and does flick hairs occasionally.

If you want a good display species that gets large,eats well and tends not to flick hairs switch genus and try and get a G iheringi you wont regret it.
Btw I was joking about kezy