B emilia, c fimbriatus, P pulcher, or H incei

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Which one do you guys recommend? I'm still having a hard time choosing one of these to buy from swifts. I'll take suggestions on other species too. Preferably, I'd like something that's colorful, some-what docile a little agression is okay, and relatively inexpensive. I like the really unusual ones.
Suggestions?
Please and thank you :D

smokin' boas

Arachnopeon
H. incei! Mine is my favorite to watch attack its prey aside from my C. elegans (the smaller the more fun to watch). They dig cool tunnels, web a lot and can take down some big crickets compared to its body size.

Last edited:

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
hmm,great choices:clap: p.pulcher,emilia,fimbri. between these 3,it's hard they are all awesome,the 4th aswell,hey....get them all{D if ya can.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
H. incei is my vote.
Smokin_boas is right about how they attack. It's like a spider with superpowers or something. However, it's the only one on the list i have so i'm only 25% qualified to answer the question:rolleyes:.

All'z i know is: That little 2" incei tackles crix as big or bigger than herself in a flash with zero trouble whatsoever. It's pretty impressive. She doesn't jump from one end of the little tank to the other so much as just teleport.
<spring!-sproing-zap!-crunch!> and she's back in her hole with cricket legs sticking out still struggling.

I like the irridescent green. I guess they darken up somewhat as they mature. I haven't seen many pictures of adults. The picture on swifts doesn't do the much justice. Here's mine peeking out a few days post molt.

Last edited:

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
P. pulcher all the way. Psalmopoeus is a wonderful genus.

Apophis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd go with either H. incei or C. fimbriatus.
H. incei for all the reasons mentioned above, and because they can be kept communally
C. fimbriatus for looks, and insane webbing

just my 0,02 ;)

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
depends on the size you get these guys at i guess...

C.fimbriatus would be my pick...after they get to like 3.5''~4'' their legs turn from black to purple...it's really cool.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Well, pulcher would have to get my vote. Good sized, awesome attitude, great coloration, arboreal, webs a ton, grows quickly, a blast to feed.... need I go on?

I recently bred fimbriatus, and I must say it is an cool species. The juveniles are quite active at night, webbing everywhere.

incei are nice too. With like a metallic green coloration, people are saying they have attitude, I've never seen much. Easy to handle actually, just very fast.

The emelia is my favorite brachy. Very gentle, good sized, but pretty slow grower.

-Sean

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Do the research on each species and decide then. Everyone here will give you a different recommendation based on their own personal preferences. I wont give you my choice as long as you get a P pulcher LOL :D

j/k....seriously tho, you need to just figure out which type of spider you are interested in. There is a wealth of info here on each species if you look around

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Those are all good choices, I would have a hard time picking just one. Even though the C. fimbriatus, and P. pulcher are both spiders that I love, I'm not sure I would recommend them to someone that doesn't have a lot of spiders in their collection as they are both heavy webbers and when not feeding, tend to stay in their webs. Therefore, you would not see THAT much of them. Although, feeding time is interesting. The incei is not a long lived spider. (please correct me if I'm wrong, maybe I just killed mine:eek:) As Shadowblade said, the Emilia is a very gentle spider, slow growing, long lived, beautiful. Lots of pluses there. I think everyone should have one in their collection sooner or later.

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Well I'm stiiiilll thinking. Any other species you can suggest? It doesn't have tobe one of those four

KaineSoulblade

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I'm stiiiilll thinking. Any other species you can suggest? It doesn't have tobe one of those four
Oh yes, E. Murinus. Never a dissapointment. Fast, beautiful, the fore legs of an arboreal, the rump of a baboon and rear jumpers. Lots of spectacular webbing and great eaters. -Inexpensive-

As far as the other four go, I would by far choose P. pulcher.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ah, yeah there are soooo many,but how about the old classic brachypelma smithi? a must in everyones collection:)

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hmmm yes, the unusual. :D I think I might go with the pulcher or incei, or all of them. :D