B. Boehmei sling molt

jaw6053

Arachnobaron
I had another 1/2" sling molt sometime between last night and today. It is stuck on abdomen and when it moves, the molt follows behind it. I searched on here and found that using a wet q tip or wet paint brush and gently rubbing it would remove it. Should I try doing this now or leave it alone ? I just need more confirmation on what to do, if anything.

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I had another 1/2" sling molt sometime between last night and today. It is stuck on abdomen and when it moves, the molt follows behind it. I searched on here and found that using a wet q tip or wet paint brush and gently rubbing it would remove it. Should I try doing this now or leave it alone ? I just need more confirmation on what to do, if anything.
Definitely wait until it hardens up IME.

cold blood

Staff member
Just grab the molt with tweezers and let the sling pull it off...its pretty common for this to happen in slings...usually its barely on there, but if its more seriously stuck, you want to know asap, because after it hardens, getting it off might be nearly impossible in some situations.

jaw6053

Arachnobaron
Just grab the molt with tweezers and let the sling pull it off...its pretty common for this to happen in slings...usually its barely on there, but if its more seriously stuck, you want to know asap, because after it hardens, getting it off might be nearly impossible in some situations.
Ok, it came right off with a pair of tweezers.