B. boehmei being fussy?

Cringles

Arachnopeon
Just checked on my b. boehmei, its been digging in the corner of its tank, and its knocked its flower pot hide over. I've had it for a week, and it doesnt seem to feel at home yet. It eats well and must drink well to, theres always soil in its water dish. I have a few slings that i use a heat mat for at the minute. The corner of the b. boehmei's tank slighty touches the heat mat, and thats the corner its been digging at, is it a sign of being too warm, or to cold. If it was to warm, wouldnt the T move to a different spot?

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would not worry to much, give the spider a few weeks to settle in....try not to disturb her to much in the coming weeks....

Regards, Mike

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Most brachys dig to some extent, she is probably just arranging the substrate the way she wants it.

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
As far as getting too hot goes, t's will dig as an instinct if they get too hot. Although, this might just be your t getting use to its environment.

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
let it dig, maybe it wants to create its own burrow, my b boehmei made a burrow although it doesn't spend many time into..