B. auratum refuses to grow

extrovertinvert

Arachnopeon
This assumed girl absolutely refuses to grow, she is currently 398 days since her last molt sitting at the 3/4-1 inch mark. I bought a few other Brachy slings at the same time and they are all around the 2 inch mark and at least 2 molts ahead of her. I'm not worried or anything I just thought it was odd that this one individual just wants to stay small forever.

Attachments

Jonathan6303

Arachnobaron
This assumed girl absolutely refuses to grow, she is currently 398 days since her last molt sitting at the 3/4-1 inch mark. I bought a few other Brachy slings at the same time and they are all around the 2 inch mark and at least 2 molts ahead of her. I'm not worried or anything I just thought it was odd that this one individual just wants to stay small forever.
Oh yeah that’s b auratum. I feel for you

Stemmy101

Arachnosquire
Looking like she's got some junk in the trunk lol...maybe she will soon? Fingers crossed

Jonathan6303

Arachnobaron
At least yours looking nice and fat. Mine’s body is on the more long and thin side

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
Half Aphonopelma lol

joossa

Arachnoknight
Up the heat! 80F to 86F for 10 to 12 hours in the day and do not let it go down below 75F at night. Feed twice a week.

What are the temps like in the room you keep her in like?

extrovertinvert

Arachnopeon
Up the heat! 80F to 86F for 10 to 12 hours in the day and do not let it go down below 75F at night. Feed twice a week.

What are the temps like in the room you keep her in like?
They typically stay around 70 up to 75. I'm not worried about her taking forever to grow it's just impressive how much difference there is in growth rates even within the same genus.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just like people

Smotzer

Arachnoemperor
It happens, tarantulas work at their own pace. Doesn’t need any more food before the molt.

It will molt when it’s ready, likely not before that.

greeneyedelle

Arachnosquire
Is your tarantula one of the mothers in any Pixar movie by chance? Because that booty be thiccccc lol Like the rest of these guys said, molt will happen when it happens, but hopefully sooner rather than later (for your sake: I feel that anxiousness, my friend).

spideyspinneret78

Arachnodemon
Hahahaha! Welcome to owning a B. auratum. One of the slowest growing species out there. I got my little dude 2 years ago and he's just over an inch. Good news is that these spiders also live a LONG time, even if you get a male. Better include it in your will.