B. Auratum and hair kicking

Adenovirus19

Arachnopeon
Those of you who have a B. Auratum: does your T kick hairs frequently. I've got a bead on a premature female, but Brachypelma sp. hairs are irritating to me. Thanks!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
When it comes to NW's setae reaction is always a subjective issue at the end. There's people that can't tolerate genus Nhandhu hairs. Others reached an unpleasant level with genus Avicularia. Others, again, consider Megaphobema robustum ones as very nasty, and so forth.

This without even mention genus Theraphosa.

I don't have nowaday too much NW's (mostly Africans) but luckily, ain't sensitive to those at all. All the supposed 'kickers' I've had/have now doesn't love to 'kick', btw :-s

boina

Lady of the mites
Unfortunately yes, my B. auratum does kick, but only when she feels disturbed. A larger enclosure with a better hide took care of most of the kicking. She's still one of my more skittish Brachypelmas, though.

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
My MF Auratum doesn't kick unless she is really, really annoyed. It almost seems like she kicks in situations where others bite, as a last resort. I'd say go for it and if it turns out to be a problem you can sell or trade her.

Adenovirus19

Arachnopeon
Thanks Boina and ThisMeansWAR! I'll take your advice and get her anyway. I like the idea of possible trade if I have problems. All of you guys (NY State slang for guys AND gals) on this site are awesome. I wish I had discovered it 4 years ago.

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
A larger enclosure with a better hide took care of most of the kicking.
I was just about to give the same advice. I can add that light levels are a big stress factor so make sure that it is as dark in the hide as possible. Also, give her time to settle in her new home and wait at least a week before feeding or disturbing her. Good luck! Auratums are beautiful :)