B. angustum

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im thinking of getting a B. angustum...Does anyone know anything about this species? Thank you. Oh, and any info on a N. chromatus would help too, since that is my second choice, lol.;)

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Im thinking of getting a B. angustum...Does anyone know anything about this species? Thank you. Oh, and any info on a N. chromatus would help too, since that is my second choice, lol.;)
My B. Angustum is a strange beast. It's about 2.5 inch sub-adult, but thinks its a burrower. I'm sure mine is the exception to the norm. It's very laid back, and will get prettier as it gets older. It'll max out a little smaller than the rest of the brachy familyfrom what I've read. All in all, I haven't been impressed with this species, but I haven't been disappointed either.

I'd mildly reccommend one, but there are better Brachy's out there.

I've never had a N. Chromatus, so I can't help you there.

Sunar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My big female N. chromatus is visible mostly except for ducking into her hide once in awhile. She definately has an attitude though. She's flicked hairs at me once and she's reared up defensively a few times when I was dropping crickets in. She's a great looking T but I don't plan on ever getting another...only got her because a friend was getting out of T's and pretty much gave her to me...she definately is a good looking T though.

~Fred

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My N. Chromatus is an awesome lookin' T. Only drawback I have seen is that it is really reclusive~ I hardly ever see it unless it is dark in the spider room and I shine a flashlight in the cage and catch it walking around. I dont know if it's shy just because it's a little guy (about 3.5") or what.....

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
B. angustum is very much like vagans in their appearance, but with a little more and longer red setae. They are generally more defensive than other Brachys...
They do get just as large as other Brachys my female is 6". They are also a burrower and will dig deep burrows if given the chance.

Chris