B. albopilosum

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
I was doing maintenance on cages tonight, and was in my B. albopilosum's cage, cleaning out the nasty stuff. Really, you could use spider poop as glue.
Anyhow I caught a glimpse of fuzz and there she was, emulating her MUCH smaller E. sp Red sister. I hadn't been paying attention. She climbed the side of her cage and onto my elbow. I'm going, no no no Bratty Sue - like she understands that. I grabbed the brush but all she did was grab it, too! She wasn't fighting me and no threat posture, just wrestling!
I lost. She triumphantly climbed on my arm and laughed. Here's the picture.
20160806_205608.jpg
Now she ain't a small a small child anymore. Even her tarsae (i?) scratch. I just can't believe how heavy she is. The picture doesn't do her justice. She's almost black, like dark chocolate with tons of curly tan-greenish hair. Her carapace's colors are a gorgeous brown, with bronze-copper highlights.
She's only refused food when she was in premolt. Since then hundreds of crickets have been eaten.
Yeah I'm bragging. But she's the epitome of B. albopilosums. And why they are THE BEST beginner species around!
But it took me forever to get Miss Beast back in her cage!

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Haha love it! She's very adorable :) pretty cool she wanted to come out and say hi! And apparently paint a picture :p

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
She's always been a mama's girl. I forgot to mention that she was webbing me all the time she was out.
These Ts are magnificent creatures.

gobey

Arachnoknight
One of my favorites too and I think they're gorgeous between the hair and the shimmering effect they have.

Also agree the best beginner T.

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
In my experience my brachys have been pretty nasty kickers. And it seems like all 3 of my albos are pretty bad and have more potent hairs. I have 4 b boehmei that kick at every disturbance in the force, so clearly I've been in contact with the death clouds of urticating hairs they produce, but have never had a reaction. But if one of my albos makes even a lazy little one-kick-flick my whole arm/hand breaks out similar to poison ivy crossed with fiberglass.

While I love them and their temperament besides the kicking fit is fantastic I think a G. pulchripes may make a better first t due to having less of a kicking reputation.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
In my experience my brachys have been pretty nasty kickers. And it seems like all 3 of my albos are pretty bad and have more potent hairs. I have 4 b boehmei that kick at every disturbance in the force, so clearly I've been in contact with the death clouds of urticating hairs they produce, but have never had a reaction. But if one of my albos makes even a lazy little one-kick-flick my whole arm/hand breaks out similar to poison ivy crossed with fiberglass.

While I love them and their temperament besides the kicking fit is fantastic I think a G. pulchripes may make a better first t due to having less of a kicking reputation.
Wow. That's a horrible reaction! My girl has scratched a couple times when I got her in prep for molt. Luckily I haven't a reaction.
Yeah, I'd stay away from them if I were you. Never had poison ivy, but got a toxic dose of poison oak. It seemed to last forEVER.
I'm truly sorry you have that problem as they're funky little beasts.

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
Yeah it's just brachypelma in general seem to be less reserved to kick hairs. Making them not so fun to newbies, grammostola seem to be much more calm in that regard

Andy00

Arachnoknight
My albopilosum hasn't kicked in my care, but it thinks everything is food and will attack everything lol. She's beautiful though

gobey

Arachnoknight
My albos have never kicked hairs but they're small.

My bigger one is now at the point where everything is food.

Water dish fillings are fun

Bread

Arachnopeon
I must be lucky here, my b.albo my vagans and even my l.parahybana have never kicked hairs, they do all charge at food and my tongs when I touch there sacred waterbowl.

gobey

Arachnoknight
My LP has kicked hairs... And yes the water bowl is sacred... One time it was filled with dirt... And I was removing the dirt... To which she scrambled across the enclosure to read up into a threat pose and let me know she put the dirt there for a reason.