b.albopilosum

jimip

Arachnosquire
how fast do they generally grow? i just got a freebiee one and he is so small. i have no clue what to feed it.

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
They are relatively slow growers, Keep them at higher Temps to ensure that they molt on a 'schedule' (They generally molt once a month till a certain size).
But dont expect huge size differences.

jimip

Arachnosquire
well one says slow one says fast but out side of gender the only real accelerat is power feeding. im not attacking anyone for using it , its just not an option i plan on using

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well one says slow one says fast but out side of gender the only real accelerat is power feeding. im not attacking anyone for using it , its just not an option i plan on using
Oh okay. You could also keep it at higher temps.

jimip

Arachnosquire
im mostly am looking for a general statement more then a way to speed it up i love my little curly ive wanted one forever and its so cute and little.

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
Compared to a LP; they grow like snails.
Compared to a Rosea; they grow like lightning.

Is this your first sling? I've got about 20 B.albo slings and they are little tankers!

jimip

Arachnosquire
mine is tiny but still ate teh head and legs of a crickets. and im not lookingfor it to triple its size in one molt

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
Mine are 4th instar and already eat Small ("pinhead") roaches. No heads, or else the roaches will burrow...Havent used crickets for them in a while.

jimip

Arachnosquire
i tend to toss it up. but if i bring in crickets they are all eaten that first day. when i was keeping my first lizard it seemed no matter what i did to prevent it the crickets found there way every where.

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
Yeah, crickets are little escape artists that make their ways to the most random places.

I once caught one escaping the house haha. (long time ago)

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Put it this way: They are probably the fastest growers in the Brachypelma genus, but Brachypelma is still a slow growing genus. Expect roughly 2-3 years to maturity depending on feeding, temps, etc. You can pre-kill pinhead crickets for a tiny sling or just yank the big legs off an adult cricket and feed them that. Slings are generally more willing to accept pre-killed prey than adult tarantulas.

jimip

Arachnosquire
well the guy who gave him to me just gave him a tiny cricket and he killed it its self. sense thats what its used to thats what ill continue. this thing is teeny tiny. its probably the smallest i have ever seen ( he has a hatching sac there and they where bigger then it is.

cdjseahawk

Arachnopeon
curly

after reading
Compared to a LP; they grow like snails.
Compared to a Rosea; they grow like lightning.

Is this your first sling? I've got about 20 B.albo slings and they are little tankers!
wouldnt we all just agree on medium groth then lol
I have 2 that I got at 2nd instar and to me they grew pretty fast.

jimip

Arachnosquire
Yeah, crickets are little escape artists that make their ways to the most random places.

I once caught one escaping the house haha. (long time ago)
the worst place i ever found one was in the light globe in my kitchen. hes my first curly sling but like my 10 sling in general..... i think actually almost all my collection is slings

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
actually almost all my collection is slings
Same here-
All (or most) of my future T's are going to be bought at sling stage-or juvie. They are fun to watch grow...Though my favorite so far are my LP's because they grow so fast, but that can be solved with not buying 2nd instar slings =P

jimip

Arachnosquire
lol i have one thing in common with sidartha... i can meditate i can fast and i am pateint.... i guess i have a thing or 2 in common with yoru average t as well.