B. albopilosum weird behavior

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Hi
Today I've witnessed my almost 6" dls F B. albopilosum doing something I've never seen her do. First off she's not in premolt or molt.
She has a cork bark hide that I stuck into the substrate. She's webbed the ground etc.
Today I saw her webbing heavily the entrance to her hide, then it looked like she was depositing something in the webbing. I couldn't see what it was. She's been all broody since. She's straddled the bark and has hunkered down and hasn't moved.
I got her last Dec. She was around 3.5". So do you think she's made a ghost egg sack? And she's bound and determined to fight to her last breath to protect it?
Can't get a picture to you because I can't get the lighting right. I'll try later for the pic. Thanks guys.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
i say phantom sac. as long as your sure shes not in premolt.
No. Positive. Her abdomen is the same as usual and she hasn't flicked any hairs off. Tomorrow I'll try to get a pic.
But what do I do? Do I try to take it away or just let her sit on it?
Thanks for answering.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
No. Positive. Her abdomen is the same as usual and she hasn't flicked any hairs off. Tomorrow I'll try to get a pic.
But what do I do? Do I try to take it away or just let her sit on it?
Thanks for answering.
i'd leave it, let her be happy with her new "babies". :)

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Was she purchased from a pet store? Has she molted in your care yet?
Although 3.5" is on the small size for an albo female she could have a viable sack if wild caught and hasn't molted in your care. They can carry the sperm for quite awhile till conditions favor reproduction. If she is inside webbed up and closed for business she does not need to be fed till you see her out it will only stress her.

symbol

Arachnopeon
Although 3.5" is on the small size for an albo female she could have a viable sack if wild caught and hasn't molted in your care. They can carry the sperm for quite awhile till conditions favor reproduction. If she is inside webbed up and closed for business she does not need to be fed till you see her out it will only stress her.
OP mentions that the spider was 3.5" at purchase and is now 6", so it must have molted since being purchased.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
No Boss, she's about 6 " now. (she loves to eat-savage food response.
I got her from a guy at a pet shop. He ordered her and for himself an LP.
She molted in Feb. Hasn't any signs of premolt, but tomorrow when the light's better I'll look again.
The lps guy said she was CB. I don't know who he got her from. She was $60.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
No, she's straddling the "cave/hide" She's never gone in it, always out in the open doing her tarantula thing. She's so cute and I passionately love her; in fact was thinking about getting another.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
well if she made a sac she would be guarding it and caring it underneath her to turn it regularly

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Gods she better be nursing a ghost egg sack. I don't know how to be a grandspider to 500 eggs....:dead:

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
FALSE ALARM!:hurting:
She's off the hide. I looked in the hole, but didn't find anything except lots of silk. Her behavior is still edgy, but abdomen is same color and full of setae.
Obviously she enjoyed her little fake-out. :meh:
Am going to sleep.