B. Albopilosum stuck in molt?

Kendage

Arachnopeon
Hey guys,

I woke up this morning and did my daily check on my T's and noticed my B albopilosum sling to have molted! When I seen him, he was on his back and beside his molt, I thought it was successful. I kept watching, keeping a close eye on him (I love these guys) and managed to catch him flip back up.. But I realized a problem when he's moving.. His new abdomen is stuck inside his molt? He was running around and it looked like his abdomen was stuck in the exo of the molt! What do I do..? He's just dragging it right now..

Netherland

Arachnopeon
Maybe put up a higher humidity level like 80 or 90! so it will moist up his old skin.

Abby

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
that has happened with a few of my slings. As long as the booklungs are free, as well as the anus you can wait for the molt to soften up and then fall off.

As stated before, I increased the humidity, I just added a bit more water to the substrate. After a few hours someof my slings manage to get rid of the molt. For others I barely hang on to the molt and it falls off.

Good luck with your baby :)

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Maybe put up a higher humidity level like 80 or 90! so it will moist up his old skin.
This is incorrect, internal moisture is much more important than external. Trying to increase the humidity is a fruitless effort, and I'm basing that assertion on all the previous "OMG ITS STUCK" threads.

If it is truly stuck, use the search function for one of the many threads. But in short mild hand soap mixed with water and Qtips or a soft paint brush to apply the solution to the areas where the T is stuck inside its old Exvium.(I think I didn't spell that correctly)

Be very careful around the book lungs.

If all the legs are free I wouldn't do anything. The only thing I'd consider doing, is finding some way to take the bit that is totally free and removing it so the T has less weight to carry around, and leaving the portion stuck to the abdomen alone.

+1 for Abby saying
that has happened with a few of my slings. As long as the booklungs are free, as well as the anus you can wait for the molt to soften up and then fall off.

Kendage

Arachnopeon
Well the legs are free so I'm not going to do anything, the sling went into a little burrow and hid. My 1.5" G. Pulchra also flipped this morning! I'm so excited! :D Can't wait to see their new outfits.