B.albopilosum Molting

Is this not awesome?

• Yes

• Yes

Results are only viewable after voting.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
My female B.albopilosum molted today and I got a great video of it.

Here is a quick photo of her new clothes.

Here is the video of her molting. It took over an hour for her to finish. I sped it up X16 speed.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I've lost some of my ratings, or I would have chosen 'Award' for this one. Gotta share it.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow, great video!!! I've never been lucky enough to catch one of mine in the act. The only spider I've ever actually seen molting was my first black widow (L. hesperus) and I didn't think to record it.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Wow, great video!!! I've never been lucky enough to catch one of mine in the act. The only spider I've ever actually seen molting was my first black widow (L. hesperus) and I didn't think to record it.
I've seen a few but usually they are not out in the open where I can record it. I saw she was close last night and this morning she was on her back. I rigged up the recorder and left it running about 2 hours. Trimmed a lot of just laying there off the start.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
My female B.albopilosum molted today and I got a great video of it.

Here is a quick photo of her new clothes.

Here is the video of her molting. It took over an hour for her to finish. I sped it up X16 speed.
Watching my B. albopilosum molt for the first time was the most terrifying and wonderful I've ever seen.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
I've seen a few but usually they are not out in the open where I can record it. I saw she was close last night and this morning she was on her back. I rigged up the recorder and left it running about 2 hours. Trimmed a lot of just laying there off the start.
8 thumbs up!!!

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Watching my B. albopilosum molt for the first time was the most terrifying and wonderful I've ever seen.
The first time I saw my B. albopilosum (my first T) on her back for a molt, I thought she was dead or dying! I'd only ever seen my black widow molt before, and that's totally different. After a minor freakout, though, I Googled it and figured out what was going on. I left her alone and when I checked back, sure enough I had a bigger spider and another molt for her growth-progression shadow box. It did give me enough of a scare, though, that I went out and bought a second tarantula - "just in case."