B. Albopilosum Been in hide for 11 months

Swiped

Arachnopeon
Hi guys, I have two B. Albo's (Hobby Form) that have been in there hides a long time. One for 8 months, and the other since 13th February 2016. Should I think about getting them out at some point?

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
How big are they? Tarantulas often fast for prolonged periods of time, but 11 months seems a little over the top.

Swiped

Arachnopeon
How big are they? Tarantulas often fast for prolonged periods of time, but 11 months seems a little over the top.
The one that's been locked away for 11 months had its 3rd molt about 2 weeks prior, and the other had it's second about a month prior.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
The one that's been locked away for 11 months had its 3rd molt about 2 weeks prior, and the other had it's second about a month prior.
so it molted and 2 weeks later went into its hide for 11 months? id check it out than.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
At that size they shouldn´t be fasting for that long. Are you sure they´re still alive?

Swiped

Arachnopeon
so it molted and 2 weeks later went into its hide for 11 months? id check it out than.
I have lifted the hide up once, about 3 weeks ago, and she just moved a little so I left her be. Just seems strange how long they have both been in hiding. I have 3 other breeds but it is only the Albos that have retreated.

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
11 months after a molt is really strange.. They are weak after a molt and would probably need to eat after.. IDK.. I guess if they're alive and healthy there's nothing really wrong.. Just weird.. Albos are weird anyway.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I have lifted the hide up once, about 3 weeks ago, and she just moved a little so I left her be. Just seems strange how long they have both been in hiding. I have 3 other breeds but it is only the Albos that have retreated.
are they fat? have you tried feeding at all? maybe try prekilled.. how big are they?
also, its species, not breeds.

Swiped

Arachnopeon
are they fat? have you tried feeding at all? maybe try prekilled.. how big are they?
also, its species, not breeds.
Just picked up the hides on both.. The older girl kinda moved around a little, and the other flicked hairs. Both still alive. Just wish they'd come out lol!

Swiped

Arachnopeon
11 months after a molt is really strange.. They are weak after a molt and would probably need to eat after.. IDK.. I guess if they're alive and healthy there's nothing really wrong.. Just weird.. Albos are weird anyway.
Yeah true! Albos are a strange breed!

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Just picked up the hides on both.. The older girl kinda moved around a little, and the other flicked hairs. Both still alive. Just wish they'd come out lol!
size? if theyre adults i wouldnt really worry.

Swiped

Arachnopeon
Would it maybe be a good idea to pick the hides up and place somewhere else in the enclosure? It would still be there if they've want to go back in, but at least that way I'd know what frame of mind they are in?

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Would it maybe be a good idea to pick the hides up and place somewhere else in the enclosure? It would still be there if they've want to go back in, but at least that way I'd know what frame of mind they are in?
I wouldn't do this, just causes unneeded moving.

Are you sure the albo doesn't come out at night or something? Has it eaten anything in those 11 months? What are their approximate sizes? Can you get some pics of the enclosures?

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
Species of tarantula
Breeds of dogs.
Breeds are variations of domestic animals of the same species. All dog breeds are the same species.
All T species are different. Not breeds.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
No, no, don´t disturb them like that! They will come out when they are hungry. Anyways, just to make this clear, by third and second moult, do you mean that they are small slings or that they have moulted three and two times in your care?

Also, if you have one of these modern, fancy cell phones with a camera, you can provide us with a photograph or two of their setup.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This is a bad idea that only sets them on edge. Ts don't like their homes moved etc any more than humans do.