B albopilosum and forms

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is it the lighting/camera that makes the wc look so dark? Thanks.
No. She's freshly molted three weeks ago.

Some of the ones that are in need of a molt have a rusty brown appearance. I've had a few people said to me that they've seen them in different color form because of that coloration they don't realize that they just need a fresh molt.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
No. She's freshly molted three weeks ago.

Some of the ones that are in need of a molt have a rusty brown appearance. I've had a few people said to me that they've seen them in different color form because of that coloration they don't realize that they just need a fresh molt.
Thanks for the info. Still kinda cross eyed by the thought of pairing between B. albopilosum and B. vagans.

Vezon

Arachnopeon
A good number of tarantulas in the hobby have been hybridized knowingly/unknowingly. The only way to know that you've got the real thing is to get wild caught specimens. It's a shame that collecting/importing some species is against the law and damaging to the wild populations.

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
How much should that matter to me? I want a B albopilosum, but I don't really intend to breed it. Is it just a matter of maintaining the purity of the species?

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
How much should that matter to me? I want a B albopilosum, but I don't really intend to breed it. Is it just a matter of maintaining the purity of the species?
The hobby form is still a beautiful spider and as long as you aren't breeding it the it doesn't matter

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
If you have no intent if breeding or loaning out to breed, then there is no issue with them. It's just that you have to have the integrity to not breed or loan it out.

Vezon

Arachnopeon
There's nothing wrong with breeding a hobby form to another hobby form and then selling it as 'hobby form'.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
So anyway.... A weird question about B. albopilosum/B. vagans X.
So would B. vagans personalities influence B. albopilosum? If so, then the WC B. albopilosum's personalities are the real?

Here are mine.

Brachypelma albopilosum "Nicaragua" - Female. Captive Born Baby Sling July 17, 2016

So what's the personality of your WC female to your CB?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ann Device

Arachnopeon
Here are mine.

Brachypelma albopilosum "Nicaragua" - Female. Captive Born Baby Sling July 17, 2016

I have 3 Albos and 2 are definitely pet form but my newest sling looks just like yours! It didn't say Nicaragua but the other pet trade albos were browny beige with brown spots on their back. The new one is grey and has a reddish booty like your baby pictured above, and a black spot more on the end of the butt. Is it possible to tell the two forms apart as slings?