b.albopilosum acting dodgy? :<

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hiya

i got a b.albopilosum for free with the return of my male avicularia i sent ona breeding loan, ive had her a few weeks now

well she shed her skin last week, and has stayed in her sealed burrow since, i can see into the sides and i saw her moult cast but no spider, so i slightly opened up the nest to view her

shes curled in the corner and isnt very responsive, it'll move, but wont go defensive or aggressive or anything, just sits there...

is this normal with the average b.albo? should i remove the bark cover to check on her?

hmm i really want to see her now shes moulted, but im afraid if i remove the bark it may be dead or i may injure it or something..

cheers...

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I say dug her out.
If she has a problem, you need to know. You may be able to help her. A week is long enough to harden up, so it wont hurt her to be removed from her possible tomb... IMO

Ernie

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
she she still white?? DONT feed her! not yet anyways....... Shes getting her new "skin" harder....

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
O! it had a week to harden? I didnt see that part...Well then theres something wrong.....

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Get her out I'd say.
A week is Plenty long enough.
Mine are active within hours of molt usualy from what i have seen.
That might not be the case always but if she's still sitting after all that time I'd get in there and remove her hide and drop a Wounded cricket next to her.

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
How large a B. albopilosum is it? Adult specimens can take as much as two weeks to recover from molting IME. Small immatures, on the other hand, are usually moving around and eating again within a few days.

Joy

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i recieved her at 3" in early pre moult stage, she moulted 3 weeks after i got her

i opened the barricade again and its sat there still, so i moved the tank a bit to see if she'd move according to where the heat source is, and she has, so im guessing all is good :)

my last albo' became dog food :< that was many years ago though... eeeek