B. albo sling behavior

symbol

Arachnopeon
Jealous! I still haven't seen mine.
The enclosure had been remodeled again when I peeked in this morning though. I could see a few little strands of web around the burrow entrance which was pretty cool. And another pre-killed cricket vanished this afternoon (while I was out of the room, of course). So, the little guy is definitely active, just not visible!

Glad yours has decided to show itself a bit though. And that's exciting if it's molted already! Congrats!

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You don't, no one would know. All you can do is wait. Even with a clear side, there's no guarantee a T will burrow along the glass. Though you can setup the container, depending on size, to force them to do so.

Also, w/clear sides, even with something covering the container wall, they often web over it. Though it seems in such a setup many Ts just take longer to web over it.
To make the spiders burrow along the sides, I put upside down deli cups in my acrylic cubes before I fill them with dirt. I've only had one spider wall up the side of their burrow, I think keeping the room fairly dark helps.

I saw him again today! He was out completely, so I got a better look. I think me may be a bit bigger after all! I think he was about the same size as the smithi sling, but now he looks bigger.
Will he take the molt out of his tunnel himself?
He should, though I've had a couple more slovenly tarantulas shove their old molts into the back of their burrows. They really are just like humans, hahaha